When I think of the number 27 I think of Katherine Heigl and charming romantic comedies. I don't think of my self and the age I recently turned. Other people are 27... I am 12. It's not that I don't want to get older, I am all about it in fact... but I have an aversion to the term "late 20's".
I mean there are the "early 20's", the "20 somethings", and then we skip to the end and go straight to the "early 30's". There is something about the term 'late' that just makes me feel OLD even though I know I'm a) quite young and b) believe that age is truly just a number so what does it matter what number I am? Ok... I know, it does matter and I do care... but a girl can pretend (woman? Am I to refer to myself as a woman at 27? Is that the proper thing to do).
Given that I am not stoked to be in my late 20s I am going to give you 27 things I AM stoked for... things I am grateful for, things that have happened and life lessons I have learned over the years.
-27 POINTS OF INTEREST-
- Learning not to take myself too seriously. Having humor and grace for myself is a life lesson I am still (will always be) learning.
- I am thankful for having true and genuine friendships. When I was younger I wanted to be friends with everyone and often ended up hurt by placing my trust in the wrong people... Having people who cherish you as a person and value your friendship is one of the best feelings.
- Learning to accept myself for who I am... not conforming to who I think people want me to be (belonging vs. fitting in).
- Developing an actual sense of style
- Holding things lightly (when we hold too tight to things in our lives, we can crush the beauty)
- Brene Brown is my hero
- I could live solely off avocados
- Yoga is a life saver
- Horoscopes are (sometimes) creepily accurate (don't judge)
- Limits aren't always bad
- Black is truly my favorite color (white, grey, and neutrals all tie for second)
- Drew is my person
- Coffee is one thing I can't live without
- I prefer wearing jeans and a t-shirt over dresses and heals (someone call Jessica Simpson please)
- Having a mentor/therapist/friend you can confide in is essential to good mental health
- TALK even when you don't want to... communicating always makes things better (though not always at first)
- I am enough
- Sometimes things don't work out and that is OK
- There is beauty, no matter the circumstance
- I am not alone
- Music is my boyfriend
- Podcasts are my obsession
- I am FUNNY (or at least I think I am...)
- Nachos are the ultimate comfort food in my book
- Speaking of books, I love them (this coming from a dyslexic who hated school)
- Dreams/Wants/Desires are worth having, worth pursuing, worth while... always
- Life is a series of choices... Learning to choose is my prerogative.
I am loved, I am strong, I am lucky... I am 27 and ready for all this year may hold- the good, the bad, the beautiful.
Thank you for supporting me on my journey, you are truly a gem and I couldn't be happier to have you around.