Often times I find myself in the land of pontification. A world filled with the endless chatter of – “What if,” “And then,”… “It would be so great to,” And so it goes on. As human beings we can talk about things seemingly forever. Mulling over ideas and ideals until the gears in our brains have ground useful thoughts into unless mush.
Having this project (trying to live a more curated life) has made me take a more critical look at how I live; what I am doing, or not doing. And so, for the sake of transparency and in hopes of public guilt forcing me into action, I have decided to share a list with you to hold me more accountable.
1. Write for at least one hour every day.
2. Read for at least one hour every day.
3. Live as Qualitative NOT Quantitative as possible (Having experiences of quality not just a lot of “experiences”)
4. Write down one thing to be thankful for every day.
5. Practice grace before judgement (for myself and for others)
6. Watch one documentary a week.
7. Workout 5-6 days a week.
8. Start a meditative/ reflective practice for 5-15 minutes daily (unhindered silence)
9. Try at leaste one new recipe a week (get excited I will share them with you!)
10. Don’t put off to tomorrow, what I can do today.
This list is not perfect,( just a quick jot while I was sitting at Handsome Coffee with my Mr.). I will make changes, edits, and add to it, but it is a starting point.
Joshua Blankenship recently wrote- “Do I want the thing bad enough to walk/climb/crawl the entirety of the chasm, with no guarantee that I can make it, or that what I want is waiting on the other side? Can I escape the gravitational pull of entitlement and instant gratification that’s so engrained in my bones it often feels inescapable?”
Seth Godin also touched on this subject recently- ”If you can influence the outcome, do the work. If you can’t influence the outcome, ignore the possibility, it’s merely a distraction.”
Adding value to your life, living the life you want, means putting in the work, doing what you can and ignoring the rest. There are no guarantees,only action.
-Heres to taming the chaos.