Did you follow along during fashion week at all (no, no, not on here...on other more reliable fashion sites such as [but not limited to] The Man Repeller or The Sartorialist)? And by fashion week, I of course mean fashion weeks.
New York, London, Paris, and Milan marched past in a quick succession of stilettos, oxfords, booties, and wedges. The fashion was divine, inspired even... except... it was 92% print and loads of colour! All of the major power houses launched the most exquisite lines full of the most exquisite printed textiles! This, of course, is fine for 90% of the population, but what about the rest of us? The 10% who enjoys solid colour almost exclusively (and by colour I of course mean black, white, grey, and denim, with the occasional hint of red, olive green or navy when we are feeling twirly).
Don't get me wrong, I am expanding my horizons... I have an animal print clutch... I have black on black patterned attire... who said print needs to be in multiple colour pallets? What am I? A bird of paradise!? Come now.
Ok, maybe I am overreacting. None the less I can't help but fear the on coming Fall/Winter season (even the Spring/Summer is looking printy) and the things I will attempt to wear! (who am I kidding, I will still be dressed in my uniform of black... on black... on black).
What will you be wearing when the barrage of brocade strikes this Fall?
*I wouldn't hate this palm tree as a print... what do you think?