The internet is a black hole of endless information, it is both facinating, exciting, and somewhat daunting. I can not tell you how many times I have found my self sucked into the vortex. Food, lifestyle, culture, fashion, link after link taking me from one train of thought to the next simply by clicking a button. This was all before Pinterest too! Now I can troll the internet for hours “with a purpose”, to find things of value and save them to go back and visit later so that my limitless clicking from page to page may continue (I just envisioned my grandmother reading that and snidely informing me that “pages are made of paper, they don’t exist on that internet jungle your always clicking around on”).
I won’t lie to you, 75% of the things I find are complete garbage, the other 25% however, are true gems! In fact, the other night while on a “clicking binge” I came across SAMMA, a rather remarkable jewelry line.
SAMMA was started in 2009 by Hanna Sandin, a sculpter based out of Brooklyn, New York. The pieces in her line are comprised of simple elemental shapes that feel architectural, fluid and organic. Each piece is handmade and there for unique and one of a kind in its own right. The elegance of the brass, bronze, and copper combined gives the jewelry a high fashion look at an affordable price, which is kind of great, don’t you think?
So maybe all my clicking isn’t so bad… then again it seems to rack up the goodies on my wish list. C’est la vie.